Frequently Asked Questions
What do we buy?
We purchase ceramic and metal foil catalytic converters, diesel particulate filters, loose catalyst, and O2 sensors.
How do we purchase?
- The converters can either be collected at your place of business or handed over at our Hazleton, PA, facility.
- On-site evaluation at your location.
- Transparent and consistent grading of your catalytic converters.
- Full amount paid immediately on site via cash, check, or ACH or wire transfer.
Why is the purchase price of automotive catalysts frequently changing?
Pricing is determined by the weight of a catalyst and the amount of precious metals contained in the catalyst. The prices for these metals fluctuate minute-by-minute due to global market conditions, which in turn affects pricing for automotive catalysts.
What are your business hours?
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Where are you located?
Brenner Core Group
282 S. Wyoming St.
Hazleton, PA 18201
Do I need to schedule an appointment?
No, but it’s recommended to call ahead to ensure we can see you quickly.
Do I need to be a business entity to sell catalytic converters?
Yes, we only buy catalytic converters from commercial enterprises that have a state or federal tax identification number. We will not purchase or buy from individuals who don’t have these credentials.
Do I need a valid government-issued photo ID?
Yes, current Pennsylvania law requires that we record a copy of a valid, government-issued photo identification, the license plate number of the seller’s vehicle, date and time of the transaction, a description of the materials purchased, and that we collect the seller’s signature for all transactions. You are not allowed to use another person’s identification without that person being present for the transaction.
What is my catalytic converter worth?
It depends. There are a lot of factors that affect the value of a cat converter. If you’d like a quote, fill out this form or call us at (570) 454-8706.
How do I get paid?
We offer cash or check on the spot or can make an arrangement for ACH or wire transfers.
Can I get a price list?
No, we don’t publish price lists because our system is tied to the live markets and changes frequently.
Can I mail my converter to you?
Yes. Send it to Brenner Core Group, 282 S. Wyoming St., Hazleton, PA 18201.
In the box include:
- a completed Federal W-9 form
- a copy of your valid government-issued photo ID
- name, address, phone, and email;
- and be advised you are responsible for all shipping costs.
- upon receipt, we will inspect and issue payment to the entity listed on the W-9 via check, ACH or wire transfer.
Do you recycle other items?
Yes. Visit our sister site Brenner Recycling for more information.